FAQs - Getting Started: Registering & Selling
Why should I sell on HCX?
If you are a hospitality product or service supplier, HCX Global is the platform to be on, to grow your business and reach out to the entire Indian Hospitality industry. Being a vendor-partner of HCX gives you access to institutional purchase decision makers in HoReCa industry.
Who can sell on HCX?
Any bonafide entity providing hospitality products or services is welcome to become a HCX Vendor-Partner.
What are the documents required to register as a seller on HCX?
You are required to have the following documents:
- PAN Card (Personal PAN for “Proprietorship” businesses and Personal + Business PAN for businesses registered as “Company”)
- GST / VAT / TIN Number
- Bank account and supporting KYC documents (Address Proof, etc.)
- FSSAI registration - for categories where it mandatory
Does enlisting my business on HCX cost me anything?
For the first Two Thousand business listings it is absolutely FREE.
For certain categories like Services, directory listing is a paid service. However, we have certain free slots for unpaid listings as well.
Will I get charged for listing products on HCX?
Once registered as a business, listing of any number of products on HCX Global is absolutely free. HCX does not charge anything for listing your catalogue online. You only pay a small commission for what you sell.
I do not have a GST / TIN/VAT, can I still register as a seller with only PAN?
Yes, you. However, it is necessary for certain product categories to have all the required documents, including GST registration. It increases your credibility as a valid business entity.
HCX recommends GST registration.
What happens post registration on HCX Global?
Once you’ve registered and your account is verified by our procurement specialists, you’ll automatically get a microsite dedicated to you. For example. If your company name is ABC Corporation, you will get a microsite dedicated to your company - www.abc.hcx.global
Post-registration you can upload your products. Our Vendor-Partner Support Team will be more than happy to assist you with detailed procedures on how to use the website.
How do I sell on HCX?
To sell on HCX:
- Register yourself at www.hcx.global
- List your products under specific product categories.
- Check for all the details once you’ve uploaded the product
- Once an order is received, delivery instructions will be provided
- Once an order is successfully delivered (& installed, if needed), HCX will settle your payment within 14-21 business days.
Can I offer both products and services on HCX?
When can I start selling?
After all the required documents have been verified and your seller profile is complete, you can start listing your products and start selling.
How many listings are required to start selling?
Who takes care of the delivery of my products?
Do I need to courier my products to HCX?
How and when will I get paid?
FAQs - Pricing and Payments
Who decides the price of the product?
What are the fees charged?
Once an order is successfully delivered, the following deductions are made from the order item value:
- HCX Marketplace commission: A pre-decided percentage of the item price paid by the customer; the marketplace commission percentage differs across product categories and sub-categories.
- Fixed Closing Fee:
- No closing fee for products with item price less than Rs 250
- Closing fee of Rs 5 for products for price ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 500
- Closing fee of Rs 10 for products above Rs 500
- Shipping fee (calculated on the basis of the product weight and shipping location) - Only if the shipping is handled by HCX, else no shipping fee is levied
- GST (applicable on all of the above components)
What is HCX Marketplace Commission and how much commission is charged?
Here’s an easy example, which illustrates a sample the above calculation:
|Selling Price (decided by you)||1000|
|Selling Commission (varies across products) (assuming 5%)||50|
|Shipping Fee (Local) - Managed by Vendor-Partner||0|
|Fixed closing Fee||10|
|Total Marketplace Fee||60|
|Goods & Services Tax (12% of Marketplace Fee)||7.20|
|Settlement Value (Amount credited to you)||932.80|
How and when do I get paid?
FAQs - Listings and Catalog
What is listing?
How many products do I need to list to start selling?
How do I list my products on HCX?
We give you a step-by-step process of how to list your products on our website. It is important to choose the most suitable category to list your product as it will help customers find your products faster. Based on the category you choose, you'll be asked to include product details such as size, model, color, etc.
Our Vendor-Partner Support Team would be happy to guide you with the product listing process.
Can I get help for development of catalog (product images, description, etc.)?
How does a catalog partner help me?
How do I price my products?
FAQs - Order Management and Shipping
Who takes care of the delivery of my products?
What should I do if my area is not serviceable by HCX?
How do I manage my orders on HCX?
Does HCX provide packaging material?
FAQs - Returns and Seller Protection
What protection does HCX offer in case of lost/damaged goods and fraudulent customer claims?
Would I get compensation if the customer has returned damaged products?
Would I get compensation if the customer has replaced the original product with a different item?
Would I get compensation if the goods are damaged or lost in transit?
We recommend Transit Insurance for all goods shipped by the Vendor-Partner. This offers protection against loss or damages in transit.Note: The refund depends on the insurance T&Cs on individual case to case basis.